Vitamins are essential to your overall health. They perform many critical roles in your body, from producing energy to ensuring proper function of bodily systems.
Not getting enough of certain nutrients can negatively impact your health and even result in chronic diseases.
- Vitamin A: Necessary for skin, eye and immune health.
- Vitamin C: Essential for your immune system and collagen production.
- B vitamins: Involved in energy metabolism and red blood cell production.
- Calcium, magnesium, vitamin D, vitamin K and zinc: Vital for bone health.
- Vitamin E and selenium: Help protect your cells from damage.
While these nutrients can be obtained through a balanced diet, most people don’t consume adequate amounts.
SUMMARYNutrients are essential for your health, but many people don’t get enough of the recommended essential vitamins and minerals through diet alone.